I've recently started to play a game called BattleForge, which is a Trading Card MMO-RTS. I realised that I could not stop playing this game, so I started to wonder why. The answer was simply that the game must have been designed by gods.
BattleForge - A game designed to get you hooked!
I'm absolutely hooked to this game, and here's why:
- Absolutely every aspect of the game is designed to give the player the feeling of progression.
- The business model is designed to work perfectly together with the progression game design.
- There's many ways to play and re-play the game. (Co-op PvE, Co-op PvP, solo PvE & PvP and so on)
- It's a game for the Achiever (progression), the Explorer (many cards/maps), the Socializer (co-op) and the Killer (ingame frauds).
* See Bartles Test to see what kind of player you are.