THIS BLOG IS MOVED - Read it on Facebook instead!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What am I working with at the moment?

Hi, I realised I haven't talked very much about what I do in the Game Industry, or what I do on my free time. I figured it's about time I told you about what's cooking in my kitchen so to speak.

I'm first going to tell you what I do now, but also go into what I might be doing in the near future. But first, I will tell you what I won't do in the future.

I recently turned down a job as the Marketing & Community Manager for the newly started HR-comapny Resource Unlimited. I was talking a lot with a Robert E. Taylor about this job, but in the end, I realised that the job might not be the one I'm looking for and it involved too much risk taking from my part. I'm too young and inexperienced in the stocks-business, so buying a part of the company to work for it wasn't something I would want to do right now.

 

Fools War and Dreamlords: The Reawakening

This is what I do on my free time. I'm (still) the community manager for the MMO-RTS game Dreamlords: The Reawakening, even though I don't get paid - I do this for the players. Right now I'm holding an event in the game, and hopefully it will work out fine even though we are very limited to what we can do for the players right now (explanation: Lockpick Entertainment have gone bankrupt and is no more).

Other than that, I'm developing the Neverwinter Nights 2 module: Fools War. I'm doing leveldesign, bug hunting and some dialogue writing right now. Earlier in production I worked with QA, Dialogues, Leveldesign, Game Balance and Storywriting. We expect the module to be ready sometime this fall.

Oh, I almost forgot. I write news articles for the local newspaper as well. If you can read swedish, you can read them at www.joakimbergman.com.

 

I'm going to spain? or Great Britain?

Well, it depends how you see Gibraltar. It's in the far south of Spain, but is officially governed by Great Britain. The job involves Community Management at a large and successful poker community called PokerStrategy.com. My interview is later this month, so if everything goes well, I'm on the next flight to Gibraltar. Keep your fingers crossed for me, will you? :)

If I have the time, I will try to keep up with my work on Fools War and Dreamlords: The Reawakening, but I will have to prioritise the job that my economy is depending on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would be awesome if you let me know who is commenting ;)

Top 3 Posts This Week!