THIS BLOG IS MOVED - Read it on Facebook instead!

Monday, May 31, 2010

A Road Trip I will never forget...

First of all, my last blog post was my 200th! Yipee! Second, I've bought Rock Band: Beatles! Third and most important of all: I went to an incredible road trip to Almeria, in the Murcia province in the south east of Spain. (HERE IS MORE PICTURES)


Almeria & San José

I have a lot to tell. I don't know where to start. Let's try the beginning...


Us, outside the Hostel in San José (Rosi is taking the picture)

It started off like a spontaneous thing. "Let's do something this long-weekend!". Then David came up with this brilliant idea of having a road trip! Because there was only five spots in the car, and because we wanted to just escape from the clutches of Gibraltar for a while, only Rosi, Nicky, Anke, David and I went on it.

First stop, a beach somewhere! After some driving and the discovery of a Buddhist Temple that unfortunately was closed, we went, still early in the morning, to a beach nearby. There we found some really cool stones (someone has her bag FULL of stones) and David took a swim in the ocean. He also had some really delicious food brought with him.

Second stop, another beach! This one was better and we also played some beach tennis. We got our skin burnt and we also had a swim in the ocean. It was not that cold actually! Nicky and I had some ice cream and I got to use my Spanish a bit (I must also add that Anke is really good with the phrase "La quenta for farvor" now, which she says about anything :P

Off to Almeria! When we finally arrived, we went into a shopping mall and had something to eat. We also found some really nice clothes there. I'm really happy with what I bought: A green cool t-shirt and a white shirt + spider t-shirt (they go together).

San José, where are you!? After almost running out of fuel, we found ourself puzzled about where to go. We came to a roundabout and because one direction had a funny name, I chose it (also backed up by the others for some reason) and it just happen to be the right direction! After a bit of driving, finally we got to San José!

Oh there's the Hostel... wait, no it isnt! We went to several places where we thought our hostel was before we actually managed to find the right one (the best one). There were two really bored dogs there and nearby there were 4-5 small kittens, which some of us fell in love with (Anke :P).

Is that really cheese on these pizzas?! What the f*ck. They screwed us! The place looked really cool but apparently they don't know what cheese is. We got some white stuff that looked like cheese, but didn't taste anything. That was bad. But at least we had a really good walk around town and really enjoyed the evening. We slept quite well, even though David was not so subtle when he was exiting the room in the morning. I think that door should meet mr. Oil.


Churros, Ice Cream and Crepes!

After having breakfast in San José, eating Churros dipped in chocolate and sugar, we were finally in the car on the way back home. We stopped by in Almeria to see the great Castle of La Alcazaba. It was really cool and interesting. Too bad most of the information was in Spanish, because I'm really into castles, history and stuff like that.

Ice Cream time!!! After some walking, we managed to find a really good Ice Cream place. Because it was so terribly hot (over 30 degrees) an Ice Cream was really really really nice to have. After this we had a walk back to the car and thanks to Rosi, we found it. David had also started to learn some Swedish and German, so he was practicing the whole way back.

Crepes in Granada! Yummy! We stopped in some town in Granada, were we found this really great Crepes place. I ordered a Carbonara Crepe, and to be honest it was the best Crepe I've ever had. It was really good, but not much food on the other hand, so I ordered desert (good business model, make people buy more when they get less!).

One final stop was made close to La Linea, but I can't remember the name of the town. We all had a walk along the beach and was just enjoying a really nice last stop of our really nice road trip.

Thanks guys, it was great! Let's do this more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would be awesome if you let me know who is commenting ;)

Top 3 Posts This Week!